Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Two Cool


Dear Sullivan,

I don't think there ever was a cuter two-year-old than you.
You've held onto that spark you've had since the day you were born.  
A magnetic likability that doesn't go unnoticed by anyone you meet.  I still get stopped weekly by strangers who'll lean in and whisper "he is SO cute!" like it's a secret.

However, those twinkling eyes and heart-bursting smile have quite a bit of mischief behind them these days.  All are genetic gifts you inherited from your father no doubt ;)  Powerful qualities that have always been known to melt my heart into a puddle on the floor.  

When I fill your Dad in on our day each afternoon, I'm often shaking my head and saying "I don't know what's gotten into him..."  And then I remember that you're two.

You want to do ev.er.y.thing "MYSELF!!!"
You're constantly testing my limits and my patience, which means you've been spending some time in the "cool-off spot".  You also love to press Max's buttons, but always so sweetly hug him and say "sowwy" afterwards.  You boys are the definition of "two peas in a pod" right now.

You're much more daring than your older brother, though.  You laugh in the face of things that Max deems "dangerous" or "not following the rules".   However, Max tries his hardest to keep you in line :)


You're also talking quite a bit now.  Just a month ago, I was starting to worry about your progress in the speech department.  All of a sudden something clicked inside you and new 2-3 word sentences are happening every day now.  You're still quieter than your chatty older brother ever was, but I think that's just your personality.

You remain one of the most affectionate little creatures I've ever known.  You love to give big hugs and  big kisses with your tongue sticking out.  You were made for cuddling and will hold on tightly to whoever you're snuggling with.  I also adore that you're saying "I yuv you" now without being prompted.  It's the sweetest sound to my ears, because "I yuv YOU!" so much.

Happy Birthday to you, my darling, spirited boy.  You're more than I ever could have asked for.

My whole heart,
Momma

*All of the above pictures were taken following the most horrendous haircut experience.  The stylist cut it way, way too short and even sliced the back of your ear open.  Momma left the salon in tears.  Luckily these photos don't accurately depict how awful it really looks in person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment