Thursday, May 30, 2013

Surprises & A Baby Name Poll

Billy and I are in discussions about whether or not we're going to find out the sex of baby #3.  We keep going back and forth...each of us taking a different side every time we talk about it.  We were surprised with Max, but found out with Sullivan.  We always said we'd go back to not finding out for all our other children (exact # of said children TBD :).  

Not that our experience of knowing Sullivan was a boy wasn't special...at that time in my life I couldn't have handled many more surprises!  But with Max, hearing Billy say "It's a BOY!" was beautiful. Ah...I still get teary when I think about hearing those words from him at the end of labor when I finally met my sweet baby.  

Now that we're about three weeks out from our anatomy scan the pressure is on.  Currently I'm on the side of being surprised.  I don't care what the sex is.  We just wanted another baby.  I sometimes feel like finding out would be more for other people than for us. Stay tuned, though, because I haven't been the most decisive person lately.

In the meantime I will obsess over names.

People who know me well know that I'm mildly obsessed with names.  I always have been.  Even as a child I'd think about them.  Maybe it stems from having an incredibly common name?  I always dreamed that I'd marry a man with a beautiful exotic surname and "Sara Meyers" would be transformed into something unique.  And then I fell in love with Bill Murray ;)
December 2009 - Billy was up early experimenting with paint colors in the nursery.  He thought he was so clever painting the names on the wall as a surprise.  Update:  It was MAX! :)
We did this poll when I was pregnant with Sullivan (prior to knowing he was a boy).  It was fun to look back on the results.

So here are our picks for this baby.  I have so many boy names I like its truly hard to narrow down, but these are the ones we love.  

Baby Boy Names
  
pollcode.com free polls 

And we're sticking with Emelia for a girl. It's been our girl name since before we were married.  We're thinking of switching up the middle name we've kept for years, though.
Baby Girl Names
  
pollcode.com free polls 

So cast your vote.  I think its so interesting to see what people think about names.  Especially, since I know most people won't tell me what they really think of the name Fletcher to my face ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment