Sunday, October 13, 2013

Siblings 1-2-3

The boys are geared up for #3 to arrive!

I "designed" (if you can even really call it that) these t-shirts on a whim and then had them printed at the T-Shirt Deli in Brookside. 

The guys wanted to try their new shirts on and I asked them hold up the onesie for #3.
To my surprise, they obliged :)

I put their "promotion" dates on the shirts to show when they graduated/will graduate to Big Brother status.
Big Brother 1 Promoted: August 2011 / Big Brother 2 Promoted: November 2013

And since we don't know if #3 is a boy or girl I just put "The Lucky Little One" on the onesie.

You wouldn't think that little boys would "get" how cute a onesie is, but they both were "oohhing" over how cute and small it looked.  

Max kept saying "I can't believe our little baby is going to wear this!"

 I can't wait to see all THREE of them in their shirts at the hospital when the time comes :)

Max is excited to have a new "charge".  Big brother to two...big responsibility.  He asks me frequently what all of his "jobs" are going to be once the baby gets here.  I love how seriously he takes his oldest child role.  And I can't believe how grown up he seems to me these days.

Sullivan is excited to be a big brother too, but I wonder if he really knows how much his world is going to change.  He's a very snuggly, affectionate guy who likes to be held and carried A LOT still.  I think we're going to have some issues with that when Momma's hands are full!
Flying his airplane.
The nursery is the boys favorite room in the house right now.  They like to play with the baby toys and read the little board books.

This ball counting game is the most popular item.



We still have quite a bit to do to get the room finished.
We have all of the basic things done, but we need to scrape the paint off windows, hang blinds, put all the hardware back on the outlets, unpack boxes of blankets and burp cloths, etc.

All of a sudden it all is starting to feel like a lot.
I got an early start on everything, but it seems like my due date is staring me in the face at this point.

I know the room doesn't NEED to be done before baby's arrival and I honestly believe that as long as I have diapers stocked and a stack of clean white onesies I'm good to go (check and check).

But the nursery is my way of preparing for the baby.  It's a symbol of my readiness and the way I personally express my love and excitement for a new baby.

The nesting instinct is really kicking into gear these days ...and because of that Billy is feeling the pressure too ;)

 One way or another, we'll get it finished before baby arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment