Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hallow's Eve

Halloween was a huge hit with Max this year.  Last Halloween (click here) was fun, but he wasn't too sure what was going on at just 8 months old.  It's amazing how much can change in a year! 
Check out my sweet babe:
This seems like a million years ago and yesterday all at the same time. 
Thanks for humoring me as I reminisce :)

Anyway, I decided Sullivan would be a rocket ship after wracking my brain for an idea that would enable me to stick him in the baby carrier.  After I came up with Sully's costume I thought it would be cute to dress Max as an astronaut.  And what a pair they turned out to be...

Max and I went to the library and got books on astronauts a week prior to the big day so he could get excited about his costume.  He practiced saying "As-tro-naut" and "Trick-or-Treat" all week.  I love that he'll attempt to repeat everything I ask him to.  My mom asked him to say "Hippopotamus" the other day just for fun. Hilarious I tell you.
 We went to Jennifer and Adam's so Max could trick-or-treat with cousin Annabelle.  
Such a cute little ladybug!

I have to say I've never been a "Halloween person".  I was always the girl that showed up with generic red "devil horns" to a costume party b/c I didn't feel creative enough to come up with a clever costume.  But making costumes the past two years has been so much fun. 

At the first house, Max walked right in the front door...not realizing that we weren't invited to stay.
 I told him "No, just take a piece of candy and say "thanks" 
He took two handfuls then looked at me and then at the home owner to see if we were going to stop him :)  He's no fool.  Put a bucket of candy in front of a guy and he'll take all he can carry.

Seeing him run from door to door in his little space suit made me the happiest momma ever.  I'm worried that he'll now think that knocking on a stranger's doors will yield free candy on any given day.

All the way home in the car Max kept saying "Thanks Mom.  Thanks Dad." with a cute little chocolate-covered mouth.  His sweetness melts my heart.

Also, I definitely can't let a holiday go by without torturing at least one of my children :)   Here's Sullivan earlier in the day as Baby Dracula... 
"Momma, what are you doing with that hair brush and why are you laughing??"

2 comments:

  1. What did you make the rocket costume out of? I love it and want to do something similar but have no idea where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used two grey foam sheets and glued them together. The button's are spray painted extra-large googly eyes and the round "windows" are just silver spray painted foam wreath bases with some glitter paper glued behind them. It's just safety pinned to the Baby Bjorn. Really simple. I bought everything at Hobby Lobby.

      Delete