Monday, November 28, 2011

Selfish-Momma Moment of the Week

Thursdays are my "date day" with Sullivan.  While Max is off making seasonal collages and frolicking amongst other almost 2-year-olds, Sully and I spend some quality one-on-one time together.  We dance, we read, we look in the mirror, we put our hands in our mouths (ok, that one is Sully only :) and talk like old friends.  Every once in awhile, though, I get an idea.  And it usually goes something like this...

Me:  "Sullivan, let's read 'On the Night You Were Born'.  It makes your momma cry.  You'll like the pictures.  Let's sit in the playroom."

Me (thinking):  Oh the colors of this book look so good against the rug in the playroom.  AND I have that yellow hat that looks so cute on him.  What if I stripped him down to just his little diaper?  THAT would be insanely cute.

Me (to Sullivan, again):  "Hey buddy, change of plans...we're going to do tummy time with the book first!  Let me just squeeze this hat onto your head..." 

Pictured below are the results of a momma, with a camera, taking advantage of her baby's helpless nature...



No comments:

Post a Comment