Monday, April 23, 2012

My house is crawling with kids...

Quite literally.

Now that Sullivan is officially crawling I have two small humans with free will going in different directions.  One of Sully's best attributes was that I could lay him anywhere and he would wait there peacefully blowing bubbles or chewing on his toes until I came back.  These days this is the only view I have of him....
Cute baby booty crawling away.
He does the "army crawl" though, which is so hilarious looking.  Apparently this is the only style of crawling I accomplished as a baby too.

At first I didn't think it really counted as crawling, but he is getting so fast!   The other afternoon I left him on the floor in the living room and went to the kitchen to get his bottle.  When I turned around I saw his cute little face peeking around the corner of the kitchen doorway.  Genuinely surprised, I said "Where did you come from?!"  He just gave me a huge grin and continued dragging his chubby little legs behind him as he made his way over to me.  As a mom you always know your babies want you, but when they seek you out on their own, well, it makes you feel like the most important person in the whole world.  I'm pretty sure if anyone else had been in the room they would have been blinded by the glow of my heart as I scooped up my baby boy who was looking for his momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment