Thursday, January 19, 2012

"You Are Here. Now."

This is what I try to remind myself each day. Especially during the most difficult moments.  And lord knows there are one or two of those everyday (every hour?).   I anchor my sanity to those words.

Max and Sullivan, when outside distractions attempt to pull my attention away or you two are just driving me plain nuts I recenter on that one simple thought. "Now" is only "now" for a short time and I want to be here. 100% here. With you. Everything else can wait because you are the most important thing.
So I take the good... 
With the bad...
The happy...
 With the sad...
(the swift mood swings of littles never ceases to amaze me :)
-------------------
**I wrote this post a couple weeks ago, but decided to publish it today since I just read the "Don't Carpe Diem" article that is spreading like wildfire.  I've seen it posted ev.er.y.where in the last couple days.  I actually really like the article and think every mom can relate to it.  At first it made me feel slightly naive, though.   Yes, parenting is challenging and ridiculous at times, but I'm terrified (terrified.) of being the old lady in the story...longing for my babies to be little again. The thought of it makes me want to cry. I feel like I talk about this subject an insane amount on the blog (like HERE and HERE).  This "little" phase is such a brief span in the course of their lives.  Of my life too.  So maybe the above post is annoyingly optimistic or cheesy but I'll continue to raise my boys wearing rose colored glasses :)

Huffington Post Article - "Don't Carpe Diem"

No comments:

Post a Comment