Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Momma Patches

Sometimes motherhood seems like the Girl Scouts. You spend most of your time practicing new skills, learning how to work with others and experiencing "adventures" that will enrich your life in one way or another. Each time you master a new skill as a mom you earn a patch.  An invisible yet very rewarding momma patch to add to your momma sash.

The patches I've earned so far and am most proud of are in "Survivalist Diaper Bag Packing", "Snotty Nose Suctioning", "Baby Nail Clipping" and "Creative Diaper Changing In a Public Place".  By the time these rugrats are off to college I'm sure I'll be covered in them from head to toe.

I'm proud to say that I can now add "Soothing Two Sick Babies at Once" to my collection. It was a difficult one to earn (rocking, wiping noses, nursing one and forcing the other to drink warm lemon/honey water, all while sitting on the floor of a steamy bathroom) but its one that I'm wearing proudly today. If I would've had a free hand I'd have taken a picture of my two sweaty little boys snuggled up against me fast asleep :)

Here are my little petri dishes finally feeling a bit better...

No comments:

Post a Comment