Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sweetness.

It's been hot outside which got Max and I thinking about popcicles.  It was a special treat we shared together a lot last summer.  We didn't have any in the house so we decided to make some out of frozen fruit that's been in the freezer for about a million years (I'm pretty sure we transferred it from the freezer in our last house when we moved.  I seriously refuse to throw food away.)  Besides little freezer burn doesn't hurt anyone.
He insisted "MAX DO IT!!!"  So I let him...

After waiting (what felt to Max like another million years) our popcicles were finally frozen. He checked on them several times. And each time he reported back to me "Almost!"

We sat on the back deck eating our treats in silence.  I had one of those moments when you look at someone and see how perfect they are and are able to fully absorb it.  He was so content and proud of himself for having made his very own popcicle.  His eyes were so blue.  He was a sticky mess and didn't care.  I said "Max, I'm so happy you're mine."  Usually he'd just giggle or say something completely unrealated to the statement I made, but instead he smiled and said "Me too Momma."

And that melted my heart faster than a popcicle on an 80 degree day in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment