Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love, Sweet Love.

We had the loveliest little Love Day and the highlight of it all was having two of our favorite gals over for a mini-party...my sister Jennifer and niece Miss Annabelle.  
So much concentration.
More on that in just a moment...

Max started the day with strawberry milk and a heart shaped waffle with honey.

Also, I got the boys a couple little gifts...

For Sully:

For My Little Monster.
You Have the Key to My Heart.
For Max:
I Love You to {Puzzle} Pieces.
Perfect Pair.  I put fabric puff paint on the bottom to create treads. He slips and slides all over the wood floors and a lot of toddler socks don't come with grips on the bottom.


When will these boys be old enough to realize what a dork I am and/or care that I do these things for them?

Max just said, simply, "Socks, momma."

And I said "Yay, SOCKS!!!"

And then he just looked at me blankly.

So I said, "Max, you LOVE socks!" Trying my hardest to convince him.

But, really, he actually does love socks. He makes a big deal out of picking them out in the morning, making sure they match and then selecting a pair for Sullivan. I guess that was yesterday, though, because this day it was just "Momma...Socks..."

Sometimes a Momma just can't win.

But Sullivan gave me a huge, drooley smile and I imagined he was saying "Yeah, Mom, I AM your little monster!!" Aw, thanks bud.

Annabelle and Jennifer came over early so we didn't run into afternoon naps.  AB and Max exchanged Valentines.  Annabelle gave Max a bag of strawberry fruit snacks with a little shovel that said "I Dig You".  I would have gotten a picture of it, but Max wanted to open his Valentine and "dig in" immediately :)

Max gave Annabelle one of these...
He gave these out to his little classmates at Parents Day Out too.  Thank goodness for Pinterest ideas :)  Max was able to help peel the crayons and put them into the molds.
I made cupcakes (half brownie/half strawberry) and let the kiddos frost and decorate them. Lots of fun. Lots of mess. I turned my back for 2 seconds and Max had dumped an entire bottle of sprinkles on his cupcake.

We also made cards for the Dadas.  It was so cute to see them get busy with crayons, markers and stickers.  No pictures, though, because the activity required all hands on deck :)

All in all it was a great day. 





And I'm so lucky to have three handsome Valentines...

No comments:

Post a Comment